At today’s press conference, Marcelo Bielsa discussed numerous details about Leeds’ summer transfer workings and the upcoming game against Nottingham Forest at the weekend, translated by Carlos Corberan. Here’s a summary:
- Mainly, he noted how the signing of Illan Meslier was a signing on the recommendation of goalkeeping coach Marcos Abad.
- Ben White and Eddie Nketiah were on the recommendation of the Director of Football at Leeds, Victor Orta.
- There’s no new injuries ahead of Saturday’s game at Elland Road against Nottingham Forest.
- Bielsa underlined the importance of Leeds needing to move players on to generate income in order to comply with Financial Fair Play, he claims they’ve moved on as many as 25 players.
- Spoke about the importance of Roofe last year, saying how he only played half a season but still managed to score 15 goals in the season. Nketiah has been brought in because Roofe has gone.
- His expectation of Nottingham Forest is the same as any other. Simply, be better than them and deserve to win it.
- On Helder Costa: ‘the rule is that the players in the best condition want to play every game’.
- Stayed reserved on revealing a date of return for Tyler Roberts.