What a game, I cannot believe what I’ve just seen. The difference in emotions that were just experienced was incredible. From devastation to elation. What a team we have here.
- Bailey Peacock-Farrell: 4 – Despite the mad ending to the game, BPF cannot get away with how terrible he was for that freekick that seemed to go in slow motion.
- Luke Ayling: 6 A solid first half but did commit the foul that led to the penalty…it happens. Taken off close to the 70th minute.
- Pontus Jansson: 8 Not many defensive errors to note and is trying to involve himself with on the ball play and has made improvements in that error from the start of the season. Love that celebration at the end.
- Kalvin Phillips: 8 Starting to see the advantages of having one of the best passers in the league at centre-half in this style.
- Barry Douglas: 7 A welcome return to the side, made his presence felt in attacking phases and obviously a crucial element of set-pieces.
- Adam Forshaw: 7 Important today, some nice runs and lets go at the right opportunity.
- Mateusz Klich: 5 Unfortunately somewhat poor today, lost the ball a few times and really does just look tired. Cooper returning so Klich can be rested will be beneficial.
- Pablo Hernandez: 8 A couple of decent chances early in, excellent ball in for the late winner.
- Gianni Alioski: 7 Without a doubt better on that right hand side, made a few decent efforts to cut in and strike a chance at goal.
- Jack Harrison: 6 A livelier game this time out, played with more tenacity and forced the error that led to the first goal. Hooked in the 60th.
- Kemar Roofe: 9 Spent a bit more time dropping to receive and distribute today, which makes good use of his abilities. It really wasn’t looking like his day, but something inside him switched when BPF made that clanger and the hero we needed stepped up to win us the game.
- *Jack Clarke: 8 Relied on again in the final third of the game to provide the cutting edge to the attack. Technically one of the best on the pitch and had the Blackburn defence in knots at stages.
- *Jamie Shackleton: 7 Solid performance from Shackleton, didn’t have to do too much.
Let us know what you thought of today’s incredible game!